DISC Profiles in Australia
Where so many other factors in business, are very similar, it is how well the ‘people side’ is managed that differentiates the mediocre and truly great. DISC profiling builds the self-awareness you need, as a team member, manager or leader to take your performance to the next level, to get ahead and stay ahead. Use it to develop your emotional intelligence and understand how to consistently achieve your best results, as an individual and with others. Team8’s DISC profiles use proven techniques, based on decades of behavioural research and are specifically for business, industry and education.
Team8 Assessments’ DISC Profiles
Team8’s DISC Profiles are specifically tailored for use. Each assessment includes a 12 minute online survey and results in a personalised DISC Profile Report (with summaries for easy use). It details the individual’s personal style, strengths, limiting behaviours, communication preferences and the environment they perform best in.
The distinguishing factor of great organisations is their constant pursuit for the competitive edge. With the Team8 DISC behavioural profile, you can provide your employees with a comprehensive understanding of themselves and those they work with. Not all DISC Profiles are created equal, but with the cutting-edge features of the Team8 DISC Profile, you can be confident in providing your organisation with an exceptional DISC experience. The Team8 DISC Profile quickly improves communication, working relationships and ultimately results. Use with recruitment, as a foundation for professional development plans or part of a team building exercise. Find out more!
The best educators and teachers know how to adapt their teaching to suit the needs of their students. But to do this, teachers need to be aware of what they already do- they need to be self-aware. TeacherDISC is the easiest, fastest and most effective way for educators to improve their self-awareness and find new ways to further improve their teaching and communication with students and colleagues. The TeacherDISC is a unique behavioural profiling tool. It is based on a well-founded methodology and draws on decades of behavioural research. Not all DISC Profiles are created equal, but with the cutting-edge features of the TeacherDISC Profile, you can be confident in providing your staff with an exceptional DISC experience. Find out more!
5 things you need to know about DISC
- DISC focuses on behaviour, how someone prefers to act and what they do, rather than personality traits. Behaviour is flexible, personality is not. We never ask people to change their personality, but managers and leaders constantly ask followers to adjust their methods or techniques.
- At its core, DISC is a simple four-quadrant model. This is critical as it allows people to quickly understand, remember and use. Yet, you can also delve much deeper into its theory and application to truly master this area of expertise. (Personality tests, such as MBTI, are psychometric assessments, are more complex and require extensive training to administer and work with.)
- There is no right or wrong, best or worst DISC Profile. We have profiled many of the world’s best and see no pattern for who is more or less successful based on their DISC style.
- Your aim is never to ‘improve’ your DISC Profile. Instead, the focus is on developing self-awareness, knowing what works for you and what doesn’t, and ultimately increasing the choices of behaviour to what is most effective to the situation and those you work with. This is key to high performance and leadership.
- DISC was first developed in the 1920’s and because it was never copyrighted, it has been continually developed, extended and improved on since. As a result, DISC is the most valid and reliable tool available.
The DISC Model Explained
DISC is the most globally recognised profiling tool in use today. It is used throughout the world in business, education, industry, professional services and sport to help individuals, leaders, teachers, athletes and coaches better understand their behaviours which create their results. DISC:
- Improves communication skills
- Builds strong & effective team chemistry
- Delivers best practice leadership training
- Assists in making confident & informed recruitment decisions
- Helps your people be consistent top performers
DISC measures the degree of Dominance, Influence, Steadiness and Conscientious behaviour. Everyone has their unique level of each in the context of their role. (Other profiling tools say you are this or that. DISC measures as a scale, which is more accurate and useful; and allows rapid comparisons to be made.)
The four-quadrant model explains the behaviour of people with high degrees of D, I, S and C. For example, someone with a high level of Dominance, is direct and faster-paced (x-axis); guarded and goal focused (y-axis). In contrast, someone who has a high Steadiness, is indirect and slower-paced (x-axis); open and relationship oriented (y-axis).
Conflict can occur with people of different DISC styles due to their conflicting priorities (the y-axis, task/goal vs relationship/people focus) and/or their pace (x-axis, slower vs faster).
At Team8, we’re here to provide you with excellence in service and to help you be your best. If there is anything we can assist you with, please Contact Us.